Monday, January 5, 2009

RIP Asian Week

I've just learned today from my father and a friend that a weekly Asian American newspaper, Asian Week, put out its last issue January 2, 2009.



I've been a subscriber to Asian Week for the last eight years. In fact, I renewed for a two-year subscription last year.

I'm sad that editor Ted Fang, citing lower readership and falling ad revenues, is closing up shop on the paper that his father started in 1979.

Rest in peace Asian Week. I enjoyed getting my weekly newspaper three-weeks late and reading about events that I'd love to attend if I only lived back in the Bay Area. It made me feel connected to not only California but the various news tidbits related to Asian American issues throughout the nation and the globe.

Click here to see the last on-line version and to search through their archives...while you still can.

No comments: