Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I feel patriotic today . . .

because I voted.


If you CAN vote, you SHOULD vote. This is the most American thing you can do, but more importantly, it's your RIGHT to vote and your RESPONSIBILITY.

Almost every state in the nation has early voting--and if you missed registering, most states allow you to do one-stop shopping by registering AND voting at the same time.

Please vote. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for or tell you who I voted for (although regular readers of this blog can easily guess). What I will say is that everyone CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. And to quote a very wise man:

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

3 comments:

Evan Carden said...

Muahahaha, I beat you to the punch by two days: http://ecarden.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-have-voted.html

Sorry about that, taking the GRE in four hours and my brain seems to have decided to store up all it's energy for that.

Doh.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on voting! Hope you did well on the GRE's Evan. Hope you are catching up with your sleep now, except perhaps, like me, you are being kept up in nervous excitement/anxiety about the next few days and what they have in store.

Evan Carden said...

Sleep is low on my list of priorities for this week, after papers, midterms and worrying about the election. Yeah, the GRE went good.