Monday, July 28, 2008

Margaret in the morning

This is an excerpt from Margaret Cho's stand-up routine I'm the One That I Want (the best of the DVDs in my opinion).


[Racial humor is a hard medium but I think Cho has nailed a lot of the stereotypes and blunders that Asian Americans encounter with some pretty funny zingers "Thank you Mr. Eddy's father"--a dated reference to the tv series The Courtship of Eddy's Father]

I'll be talking more about racial satire this week so I thought I'd prime the pump with this tidbit.

2 comments:

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

She's funny, but I don't see her on tv as much as I used to.

Jennifer said...

Actually this fall Margaret is getting her own show again--this time on a cable network (I can't recall which one) which is going to be like Arrested Development--half scripted and half real-life. Hopefully it will do better than "All American Girl" (which sucked--I could only make it through one episode).