Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bad 30's Housewife! Bad!

In my Sunday morning on-line news/blog reading, I came across this quiz on Tenured Radical's site:

The 1930's Marital Scale

You have to choose whether you will take the test as a "husband" or a "wife"--I decided to go true to gender and see what would have happened if I had found myself married in the 1930s. Here is my result:

20

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!


Yay!!!! The last thing a feminist in the year 2008 wants to learn is that she would make a superior 1930s housewife!

P.S. I just decided to re-take the test as a "husband" and the result is:

95

As a 1930s husband, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!


Hmmmm...makes you wonder...

2 comments:

Trish said...

Well, that was fun! And I'm right there with you, a very poor wife (19) and a very superior husband (93)!

And by the way, I think the cartoon replica from Friday's post looks exactly like you.

Jennifer said...

Trish,
Glad to see we would have both failed as good housewives in the 1930s. Not sure about our superior husband scores--does this mean that secretly we just want to dominate our partners or that feminist women of the 21st centuries have masculine qualities of the 1930s? Hard to say.

And I think this cartoon replica is what I'm going to use as my avatar image if I ever decide to get that fancy in the future--better than the ones we made up in college for each other, huh?!